Monday, August 22, 2011

Get Here


The song “Get Here” sung by Oleta Adams is one of my most favourite songs and this is also one of my father’s favourite piano pieces. This song is all about a person missing someone who has a very significant or very part in his or her life and that person want that someone to be back no matter what happen. I will explain some of the lines or stanzas in this song. This can also relate to our love ones who are apart from us.

A.      “You can reach me by railway, you can reach me by trail way, you can reach on an airplane, you can reach me with your mind” – this explains that the writer wants her love one to reach her or to remember her because she really misses her love one.
B.      “I don’t care how you get here, just get here if you can” – this means that if you love someone, you will find ways to be there with him or her no matter what happens.
C.      “There are hills and mountains between us, always something to get over, If I had my way, surely you would be closer, I need you closer” – there are many hindrances, obstacles and scenarios between two people who misses each other. Even they are apart, if they will had their way, they will surely be closer to each other.





This song really reminds us on how we can communicate with our love ones no matter what happens. We just want our love ones to get here and be with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment